Mission 3 - Feedback & Reflection


Overall, I'm happy with the grade but wish I'd known from the start that it would be so incredibly difficult to get there. The topic itself was something I was confident and interested in but had I had a topic I wasn't confident in or didn't understand as well I'm not sure that I'd have been able to produce something of even decent quality. As I said though, I can't change these things now and I didn't know what was to come at the start but I'm proud to know that in these situations I still can manage to pull something good together.

Image result for digital journalismHaving just looked at my grade, I'm incredibly happy to receive what I did. As I said, majority of it was done by me and it was done on the Saturday before it was due, along with a heap of other assignments. I really pushed myself and it definitely took a toll on me but I did it and it paid off. It could have been better had we been able to fix it earlier in the process but these things can't be changed now. I know that we definitely could have had a better and longer description of interactive journalism within the digital journalism world and that there could have been a better explanation of how to make the story map and how we did it - we asked several other class members about their birth countries' celebration - but I felt as though this really would have been to much on me to add to the presentation after everything.


I do think it was a good standard and that it explained digital journalism well. We didn't really get any specific feedback as it was done in a rubric system so I'd be interested to hear if there were any specific points for our presentation that our lecturer or even classmates would have, I think that would be helpful. 

Image result for digital journalism

Looking back, I would have done the video from the start myself. I would have done it completely differently and though it would've taken longer, it also wouldn't have been rushed or a 'made do' video. I also think anything like lack of audio clips and others' resources would have been solved earlier and I'd imagine everything would just go much smoother.

I did use previous feedback from other missions on my approach to this at the beginning. We did plenty of research but I made it really clear that we didn't need loads of points and that we'd be sparing with text. We didn't want it too word heavy or to look like a block of text. I also made the point of not reading the words from our powerpoint in our audio and instead elaborating and just keeping to the topic and hitting the main points instead.

Comments