Mission 3 - How We Made Our Presentation



Image result for digital journalism



As explained in the last post, I was given the interactive story map to do as the girls completed the video. We all completed our research and added it to the video as we worked in our free class. We also recorded the audio to explain each slide and our overall topic. As we were finishing up, we watched through the video. I personally wasn't overly happy with the video and we decided that it needed to look more cohesive and initially each section (printing, radio, and digital) all had different formats and looked jumbled. This was clear and agreed upon that it would be neatened up and put together better. 

I had finished my interactive map and screen recorded it and asked for the video to be sent to me. When I received it, it didn't work at all. Since we had used Google Slides to put our words together, I said it was no worries, and to send the presentation on and that I'd just put it together again. When I received the presentation, nothing had been changed. It still looked like we'd all put our own presentations together even though we were all in the room when it was made. I was incredibly disappointed. I expressed this and one of the girls quickly jumped in and asked if I needed help. I opted to remake the entire thing as I wasn't going to let one person mess up my grade. So, I made the presentation from scratch, recorded the story map, added my own voice over and added music and effects. In total, it took me 6 hours in one day and then I had to wait for their resources and voice overs again and these took more than another hour the next day to edit and add. 
Image result for digital journalism
I was really disappointed that it came down to me and the help of another member. I could have, of course, asked them to remake it, but since it hadn't been edited and wasn't working when I received it, I didn't feel confident that it would come out any better. I did not want to be unhappy with something I was sending in and know I'd do bad if I could change it. But my issue is that I had said several times it needed editing and was told it would be done. I had no problem helping but wasn't asked for help or told 'can you explain that' or 'help with this'. 

As it was a group project, these things can happen and we have to assess the situation as it happens. The majority of the project, though, was done by me and I am incredibly proud of the work I did to make sure that we got a decent grade. I had hardly any help as majority of some parts of research were pointless and were written badly. There were some points I even had to research myself. I felt like every part with the exception of printing had been edited, at the very least, by me. 

Comments