Introduction to Me


Hi, I'm Rosie.

Last year, I did a PLC in Creative Digital Media and Web Development in Blackrock. I learned about Advertising, Teamwork and Work Experience. I also took classes in Web Design, learning HTML & CSS, Database, where I learned the basics of a Database (obviously) and also about PhotoShop and Illustrator. From here, I learned more about my love for Graphic Design and most things media, and wanted to study these topics in college.  I'm most looking forward to the topics I didn't previously study before, like Photography and Visual Creativity. I'd love to go into graphic design in the future but might find something else I love in the next few years. I did loads of different projects that made me think outside the box. I think my favourite was my final project for my Photoshop class. We were given a list of book titles and had to design a book cover from scratch. 

I travelled every day at 7am to get to Blackrock last year. I'm so thankful I can drive this year. I also genuinely feel so much sympathy for people who have to get on a train or bus to get here. There's nothing worse than the person beside you sneezing and waking you up from your nap between Malahide Station and Connolly Station. 

I got my driving license this year after a few attempts (I swear it was Raheny's examiners, and not my driving). Since then I've driven anywhere I can. As I said, I learned to hate trains and buses last year. Sometimes the hour and a half train ride home was nice but was usually disrupted by a random cat lady asking me to open the window and then chat about her children until she gets off at Tara Street. I don't have to deal with this that often anymore, thankfully.

I'm hoping this year will be easier to deal with. At least I won't be waiting in the rain for my travel best part of the year. There's something to be said for in-car heaters and cup holders, instead of squashing beside a load of business men.


Comments