Mission 1 - Reflection and Feedback






Image result for gif gifs

Our group met up before our presentation. We discussed who would talk about what, which parts of the presentation would be more important than other sections, etc. Unfortunately, the person who had put the presentation together didn’t turn up so myself and the other group member had to split his parts between us. We decided to say a little less than what was already on the screen as we didn’t want to go over the time limit that had been set for us.

During the presentation, I felt that it was going well. I felt like I was engaging, and only using the screen as prompt for what I was talking about but I don’t feel as though I read off the screen as I knew about the topic already.
We did receive the comment that there was too much reading from the screen but I disagree with this on my part anyway. I knew what was in it and didn’t need to read.
We received more feedback about how we should have recorded the process of making gifs. I think this would have been a great idea but even now thinking about it, I think that it would have made the presentation longer and probably wouldn’t have meant too much to the vast majority of our audience. As they were people not familiar with the process, I don’t think they would have related to what was on screen and understand, so it would’ve just been pictures or a video.

Image result for gif gifs

I do see the point in putting the process in but also still struggle to see a relevant and easy way to do it without it being completely useless.

I was overall happy with the grade received. I definitely don’t think it was “excellent” ie. (the highest grade), but I think it was quite good and got the point across effectively enough so that people had an idea as to what gifs were about and how they were made.
What I learned from this was to add less to a presentation and just know what should be in there so you can present eg. bullet points or key notes. This comes from the comments we got about reading from the screen and from the start, where we decided to cut parts out of the presentation or glaze over certain parts to keep in time. I also learned that reading from the screen is ineffective and probably comes across like you either have no interest or just don’t know your material, which doesn’t really sell the topic or help anyone out, audience or presenting group. I’ll hopefully be bringing this knowledge with me to the next mission so I can further improve on presentation skills. I’d like to improve my grade but I think that unless everything is perfect, it’s hard to receive said grade.

Comments